Temple of the Mind
Quantus, enigmatic as there creator these creatures are grown in vast laboratories in huge tanks by the hundreds. Not posessing free will… well at least not all of them, they follow the orders of the Great psionic houses and enforce there laws. Quantus pride themselves on there ability to remember vast amounts of knowledge and catalog it with great precision.
Physical Description: All Quantus are exactly 6 feet tall with no hair, they weigh a miniscule 100 pounds(Note: Quantus are “manufactured” therefore any samples that aren’t grown to exact specifications are simply discarded and recycled). There skin tone varies from grey to red and even blue or purple. There eyes are empty soulless orbs that glow with psionic power whenever they manifest there power.
Relations: Almost everyone who holds a conversation with a Quantus are quite surprised when they respond back as most of the Quantus are unintelligent constructs who just follow orders while some are gifted with free will and arent affraid to fight to keep it. Most of the time people who interact with the Quantus half to continuously ask them if there listening or sleeping as they tend to daydream. Quantus have a hard time fitting in to any community as there reputation for being mindless machines dominates the common opinion of them, so having an Quantus as an active member of any community is a rarity.
Alignment Quantus are drawn naturally to the neutral alignments. Though it isnt uncommon either to find a Quantus who is evil exterminating his masters out of hatred for them and there kind. Suffice to say Quantus are just like humans when it comes to there capacity for good and evil.
Quantus Lands: Quantus have no homeland though they will adopt any community or country that will have them as long as they are treat equally and fairly and are not expected to follow orders if they don’t want to. Though a few Quantus have claimed that they know the location of growing tanks that spawned the 1st generation of Quantus on another world all together.
Religion: Most Quantus do not worship deities since they owe there creation to mortal beings most Quantus believe that gods “Statistically are to busy to care about there affairs or any other creatures for that matter”. A few sects of Quantus have taken to the “Omni Mind” legend and pay homage to it.
Language: Quantus do not posses there own language but instead adopted the language of there masters Common. Most Quantus rely on there natural telepathy to communicate with other members of there kind.
Names: Quantus don’t care much for names as most of them are used to identifying themselves based on there appointed number. Though in recent history Quantus have began naming themselves in an attempt to separate themselves from the hundreds of unintelligent members of there race. Quantus tend to use human names though some have been know to take on dwarven names as well as elven names finding there language more to there liking.
Adventurers: Some Quantus are drawn to a life of adventuring believing that it helps develop individuality, that and Quantus love anything that causes them to stick out from the rest of there race and a few pieces of Magical Equipment tend to do just that.
Quantus Racial Traits
- + 2 Dex + 4 Int – 2 Str, Con and – 4 Cha: Quantus are agile and highly intelligent, but lack physical prowess in addition Quantus natural instinct to follow orders has caused them to not speak out as often.
- Medium: As Medium- creatures, Quantus have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Quantus base land speed is 30
- Living Construct Traits.
- Naturally Psionic: Quantus gains 5 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability throught another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psionic Weapon: Quantus have natural weapons that they may spend 1pp/hour to manifest Psionic blades from there hands theses weapons do 1d4+Int mod and crit on 19-20 for X2, also the Quantus may augment there blades for 1pp for +1d4 this bonus damage is delivered on the next attack should it hit or not.(As the same with augmenting powers the Quantus may not spend more power points on the blades than there level a round).
- Powered Vision: Quantus possess the ability to bestow Darkvison 60f on themselves at the cost of 1pp per hour.
- Gifted Manifester: Upon character creation a Quantus chooses 1 manifesting class(Psion, Wilder, Psychic Warrior ect.) for the purposes of amount of power points the Quantus is allowed to spend in a round it is treated as being one level higher in that class. (For example a 5th level Quantus Psion is able to spend 6pp in a single round rather than the normal 5 that he/she would be allowed)
- Telepathy 10ft+10ft/2 levels
- Power Point Dependency: Though the Quantus is a living construct it still needs power to operate. A Quantus must spend 1 power point per 12 hour period in order to stay “awake” and functional. Should a Quantus be without any power points left in its reserves it goes into a inert slumber like state just as if there hp have been reduced into negative numbers for a period of 8 hours while there .
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Psion
- Level Adjustment: +1
Variant Race: Zaunad Drow
Zaunad Drow are drow who through unknown means gained natural psionic abilities. They are lead by a mysterious leader know only as the “King of the Deep”. The Zaunad Drow do not differ in appearance to there non psionic brothers and sisters, but the Zaunad do not adhere to the typical Matriarchal society as the regular drow do they follow there king not a mother.
Zaunad Drow Racial Traits
- Zaunad Drow Traits (Ex): These traits are in addition to the Drow traits, except where noted.
- Power Resistance equal to 11 + Class levels. This replaces the Drows normal Spell Resistance
- +2 racial bonus on Will saves against Psi powers and Psi-like
abilities. This trait replaces the Drows bonus to saves against Spells and Spell-like abilities.
- Psi-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following psi-like abilities once per day: Sensory Gloom(CP, 83), Levitate, Psionic(EPH, 114). Manifester level equals the drow’s class levels. These replace the normal Drows spell-like abilities.
- Naturally Psionic: Zaunad Drow gains 3 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability throught another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Favored Class: Psion (male) or Divine Mind(Lolth) (female). This trait replaces the Drows ’s favored class.
Most Alpha Psions with class levels are psions
- +2 Strength, +8 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +8 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +4 Charisma.
- Alpha Psion’s base land speed is 40.
- Darkvison out to 30 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A Alpha Psion begins with fourteen levels of outsider, which provide 14d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +14, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +9, Ref +9, and Will +9.
- Racial Skills: A Alpha Psion’s Outsider levels give it skill points equal to 17 × (8 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Auto-hypnosis, Bluff, Concentration, Decipher Script, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Psicraft and Use Psionic Device.
- Racial Feats: A Alpha Psion’s Outsider levels give it 5 feats.
- +1 Natural Armor
- Automatic Proficiencies: All Psi Weapons.
- Special Attacks: Psychic Pressure (see below), Psionics
- Special Qualities: Power resistance equal to 26 + Class levels, Telepathy 100 feet, Oustsider traits, Natural Talent(see below).
- Automatic languages: Common, Alpha Psion. Bonus Languages: Any
- Level Adjustment: +8
A Alpha psion chooses one manifesting class(Psion, Psychic Warrior, ect). All hit die count towards that class when determining total power points and EML. Also the Psion begins play with 10 power points these points are in addition to those granted by class and a high intelligence score.
A alpha psions mind puts massive pressure on the psyche of those around it. Any creature within telepathy range of the psion takes a -2 penalty to all attack rolls, saving throws and skill checks this is a mind affecting effect a successful will save DC 24 + Int mod negates this affect. Also should a psionic character’s manifester level be higher than an alpha psion’s he/she is immune to this effect.